My escape has turned out great. I’ve been struggling with my latest short story for the Thunder on the Battlefield anthology. I’ve been tweaking the story line over and over but just couldn’t get things to line up.
It’s when I realized that I had been telling the wrong story. Originally I thought my POV character had the story I wanted to tell, when it turned out it was someone else entirely who had he better tale.
Once I switched to that one, though keeping the same POV character, everything began to gel. Last night I went from ~200 words up to 1800. That’s not including the 700 I wrote for the outline.
It feels good when things start to gel. Can’t wait to hand this off to my reading group this Sunday for their feedback.